Thursday 18 October 2012

Old Dracula

I am always trying to perfect my take on characters. I have been trying to develop my Old Dracula for a while and this is how I imagine him. From the book: 
"a tall old man, clean shaven save for a long white moustache, and clad in black from head to foot, without a single speck of colour about him anywhere"
"The nails were long and fine, and cut to a sharp point"
His ears are how I like to draw all of my vampires, bat-like, but in human form (this is due to them turning into bats for centuries and it having an effect). They are, perhaps, not as small as I would have liked them, but what the hey. I wanted to depict him without arms. I loved the idea of his talons just emerging from the darkness. On Photoshop I just upped the contrast and added the old page background. I would like to do more on the build up to Halloween, but are kidding, I do this all year round.


No comments:

Post a Comment