Thursday 3 January 2013

First Doctor: William Hartnell (1963-1966)

Well it's 2013. A new year. But, you know what, there's something more special about this year. The 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who, the longest running Sci-fi TV show. Plus a year has 12 months, which means a Doctor for every month (11) and I'll save December for my own doctor design. 

So here's what I am going to do each month I will produce a drawing for that Doctor. Since January is the first month, William Hartnell should be first. 
Here is the first Doctor and his Granddaughter Susan Foreman. The First Doctor was very different to what most expect, the fun, bonkers character with a love for Jelly Babies. He was orignally a bitter, crotchety Gentleman, who mellowed as the series progressed. This is certainly the most interesting series, because it is so different. I like the First Doctor serials, but be warned they can be slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment