Sunday 3 November 2013

Character Designs

For me character is the most important aspect of a narrative, since the audience has to spend the duration of the plot with them. For the audience to believe in them, so must the creator. I do this by drawing the character a bajillion times in order to get a grasp of them. What follows are my theories for Dr. Maniaco:

This is an expressions chart. These were taken from a meme on DeviantArt. There were some which I knew the Doc would never use (such as silly), but it was helpful to draw anyway. I recommend it for everyone interested in drawing as helps grasp emotions.

This is the science for Dr. Maniaco. 1/4 head turns are a real 
-bleep-ing -bleep-stard to do, but it helps when you are animating. I realise, now, that Dr.Maniaco's body is more of an '8' than egg timer. 

The top/second row is an animation breakdown of a normal walk.
Third row is a tip-toe, which is how I thought Dr. Maniaco would walk, but when I animated it just looked like someone was tip-toeing… you know what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment