Tuesday 17 January 2012

Scott of the Animal Biscuits

The past week I have been working on a task for the course. It was a mock editorial piece, based on a real article on the History of Biscuits. ADVENTURE HO!


Actually the article brought up some interesting facts. My focus was on Robert Scott's tragic expedition to the Antarctic. According to the article, the team actually took biscuits along with them as provisions, which I loved the idea of. It seemed to epitomise that classic British explorer, the kind that would find comfort wherever he is. That is really where the image on the right came from. I immediately had this image of Scott posing on an ice glacier with a cup of tea and a biscuit. I know it is incorrect, in that Scott didn't have a ginger beard, and not only did they not plant a flag, but the one they had was a different design, but... I don't think everyone is as anal as me.


This was a watercolour piece that had a lot of work done in Photoshop. A lot of going back and forth with curves, hue and saturation and the like. I don't think you can see it here, but I also gave it a slight sepia tone, just to give it a sense of authenticity. 







No comments:

Post a Comment