Thursday 17 May 2012

I Love Lovecraft

Our illustration group is creating a "zine"- yeah I don't know what it is either- Maybe its a small magazine that hasn't quite reached the MAGA part- anyway, the theme was 15 which covers a lot of ground and, lucky for a geek like me, was the date of the death of author H. P. Lovecraft (I did say lucky for me).

I first read Lovecraft when I was fifteen and it was incredible. I love the scope of his work. This cosmic fantasy, which is simply known as Lovcraftian. It was genuinely creepy as well and props to those first person narrators continuing to write as the unknown horror was right behind them. All joking aside, he is a huge influence on my work and this image is a tribute to the man.

I really do like that Stephen King quote as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment