Monday 21 May 2012

The Lament of Dr. Maniaco























 I made a film today with my new camera and edited it on Final Cut Pro. As you can probably tell, it was totally improvised, but that gives it a charm, I think. The character was supposed to be a pathetic super villain, which comes across in his stalled speech. I applied some Snazaroo face- paint (other brands are available), a bluey- brown around the eyes, which helped to define him as villain and made the white in my eyes stand out. The Pictures on the left make him seem more Count Orlok-like, which is interesting since I had the Bela Lugosi coachman from Dracula in mind when I created him (only not in attitude). My brother told me I looked like Gargamel.


 The editing is a bit awkward in places and I am aware that lighting changes quite drastically, but it was just to try out my camera and final cut and for that, I think, it is not bad. So here it is, the first film of Dr. Maniaco. Lights, camera, ACTION....











No comments:

Post a Comment