Friday 7 September 2012

Wonder Woman: Warrior Princess

Partly inspired by Darwyn Cooke's design of the Amazonian in New Frontier (probably my favourite comic book). Obviously my work is nothing compared to Darwyn's work. The sword and shield are based on real greek designs. What I wanted was a design that could be used in the city setting and back on Themyscira (country of the Amazons). Something that Darwyn Cooke did that truly is inspired in New Frontier was making Wondie actually taller than Superman. He illustrates her as muscly, but feminine at the same time and I have no idea how he does it. 


This is when you realise it in New Frontier. First of all Wondie is sitting down, so you don't notice it. Then when she stands up she dwarfs Superman and if you can do that and tell him to get out, then you've got balls-- or ovaries, whatever the female equivalent is.




Oh, by the way. Don't you think Olivia Wilde should play Wonder Woman. To me she doesn't look like someone pretending to be an Amazonian Warrior. I also think she looks slightly mediterranean, because, what people seem to forget is Wonder Woman is greek!

No comments:

Post a Comment