Thursday 27 September 2012

You Open This Door With the Key of Imagination

You unlock this door with the key of imagination.
Beyond it is another dimension: A dimension of sound,
A dimension sight,
A dimension of mind,
You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance,
of things and ideas you've just crossed into
THE TWILIGHT ZONE.


I love the original Twilight Zone series. To me they are perfect short stories, in which they establish a bizarre scenario in five minutes, keep you intrigued, then blast you with a shock ending. I always feel that instead of reading Shakespeare, or watching Citizen Kane, students who want to write should watch the Twilight Zone. Lately I have been watching them because I am writing my own ghost film and it is almost like a tribute to this great show. The poster below depicts familiar images from the opening credits (various bits from all the series) and our guide to the Twilight Zone himself, Rod Serling (one of my heroes).



No comments:

Post a Comment