Monday 4 June 2012

Collectormania 2012 cont'd- Star Photos

This here is Lance Henriksen, or Bishop from Aliens. He was such a cool guy, that classic American cool. When we were up there he was talking about how he has to pay for his daughter's wedding!
On my autograph he wrote "Not bad for a human", which I nearly fainted at!


I didn't meet Sean Astin, but my brother, a Memphis Belle nut, had to. Apparently he was really nice, which you can imagine.


I didn't get Nichelle Nichols' (Nyota Uhura) autograph, but I went up with my uncle to meet her. She was very graceful. She had a very dainty movement to her. She asked one of the staff to get her a coffee and I was so tempted to shout "Now hear this!", but I was reminded that we were in public.


Kenny Baker, the man inside R2-D2 and Fidgit in Time Bandits. He was another nice man. I chose a photo of the gang from Time Bandits for him to sign, because none of the Star Wars ones showed him, just the R2-D2 shell. On the autograph he wrote Fidgit across his character. Next to him sits David "Vader" Prowse, famous for the The Green Cross Code Man.





I may have said before, but Patrick Troughton is my favourite Doctor, and when I heard there was an opportunity to meet one of his companions, I had to go. Deborah Watling played Victoria Waterfield, and coincidentally the previous week I had bought a Target novelisation of one her adventures The Ice Warriors and she was happy to sign it. She was surprised that Troughton was my favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment