Friday 29 June 2012

GODZILLA

The new Godzilla film is going to be directed by Gareth (Monsters) Edwards. I have been looking forward for Hollywood to do a proper remake of this fantastic franchise, especially afte that 1998 disaster:

Just what is that! That's not Godzilla, that's just an overgrown alligator!

So anyway I was excited, until I saw this.
 If you cannot see the problem, then I'll explain. They have tried to make the King of the Monsters too EXTREME! Look at all of those spikes. There are even spikes on the body. They've tried to make it too humanoid, I think. The originals were men in suits, but they looked more animalistic. 

I like the white eyes, as it is like the design in Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Atttack (2001), and that looked cool. 


Although when I was a kid, watching the Godzilla films, the eyes were the things that used to terrify me. That blank Godzilla  stare was creepy. This design would be fine for a a live action film.


Of course nothing will beat the original. Just look at that photography!

Anyway here's hoping they don't mess it all up. I hope King Ghidorah's in it!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment