Wednesday 6 June 2012

NEWTON POLO

I've started writing a new series, Newton Polo. 


Newton Polo is your classic quirky professor, who with his crew Polly Anderson and Chip Chance, investigate strange goings on. I liken it to Johnny Quest, Quatermass, Doctor Who and Terry and the Pirates.


In their first adventure, NEWTON POLO and the Fish-Men, the crew investigate disappearances near a fishing village...



^
This is Professor Polo. As you can see, he is your typical scruffy, well dressed boffin. He is based on characters like Professor Magnus, Andrew Keir's Quatermass, with a dash of Tom Baker and Mark Gatiss. His build is based on Herge's proportions.

^
This is Professor Polo's assistant, Polly Anderson. Now, this is where I am stuck. I like the red hair, but Newton has red hair and I wouldn't mind variety. I like the freckles. I have three designs for Polly, so it would be helpful if you could comment and say which is your favourite.

^
Apparently this is called "Strawberry blonde".
^
I find this hair pretty dull. But the outfit is nice, I think.


^
Finally we have Chip Chase, Newton Polo's pilot. His style is based on Chuck Yeager, a hero of mine, although he doesn't look as heroic as Mr. Yeager.

No comments:

Post a Comment